Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Experience:  Wills, Trusts, Probate & other Estate Matters
19305272

How after death is a trust viable in California?

Customer Question

How long after death is a trust viable in California?
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  RONB-ESQ replied 8 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney. I welcome you to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. The question and response may be viewed by other parties as noted in JA’s terms of service. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Are you asking if there is a rule that prevents you from giving to your yet unborn great-great-grandchildren? or is your question directed at whether a trust continues to "live" after the death of the grantor?

If you could clarify it would help me better answer your question. Feel free to provide a little background so I better understand the context of your question.,