Barrister, Attorney
Experience:  16 yrs estate law, real estate. Wills/Trusts/Probate
19958803

I need a copy of a will filed in County Ill in 2000 The

Customer Question

I need a copy of a will filed in Cook County Ill in 2000
The deceased person was my aunt & I found unclaimed property listed from her estate
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply,but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

Are you asking how to go about getting a copy?

.

Or if someone from the JustAnswer site could get you a copy?

.

Are you in Cook County yourself or elsewhere?

.

.

thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am seeking the will of my aunt Clara Dirindin #2000-W-010697
Filed in cook county 12/16/2000 it is said to be a 3 page document
Its shown as Microfilm ####-##-####I got this info through Ancestry.com however they have no access to the actual will
Although its been a decade & a half since her death & the filing the State is showing unclaimed assets remain to be taken
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I reside in central Wisconsin so I cant get to the county bldg. to look at will or obtain a copy & I need this to claim assets remaining
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.

Ok, thank you for that information..

.

If you are looking to have someone from JustAnswer get a copy of the will, that isn't a service they provide. I am a licensed attorney who answers legal questions and provides legal information on their website.

.

So if you wanted a copy, it is a public record that you could contact the clerk of the probate court to see if they could make a copy of the case file for you and mail/fax/email it to you for a minimal fee. If they won't do so, you can contact any paralegal office in Cook County and have them just physically make a copy of the file for you and send it to you.

.

You probably don't want to call an attorney's office because the costs will be much higher than a paralegal and it is just copying a file and sending it to you...

.

http://www.b2byellowpages.com/co/771975999/paralegal-services-in-cook-il.html

.

.

thanks