Legalease
Legalease, Attorney
Experience:  15 yrs experience: Elder Law, Wills, Social Security Issues
20355756

Mother passed away. The only thing she I owned was a 03

Customer Question

Mother passed away . The only thing she I owned was a 03 Blazer in stepfathers and mothers name . Just need title
How do I get
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Legalease replied 8 months ago.

hELLO THERE --

Your stepfather or you must complete a Probate and Estates Small Estate Affidavit. This form is used when there is just personal property in an estate and the value of which personal property cannot exceed $ 50,000 (this includes the value of the car registered in the deceased name at Time of death). You complete the affidavit and have it singed in front of a notary and then take it to the clerk's office at the probate and family court in the county where your mother lived and died.

-

Here is a link to the EXACT form that you need for the filing: https://www.courts.state.co.us/Forms/PDF/JDF%20999T%20Small%20Estate%20Affidavit%20R6%2015%20(FINAL).pdf

-

I hope that helps. Please let me know if you have any further questions. IF not, can you please press a positive rating above so I will be paid for my time. I am paid nothing unless you press a positive rating above before leaving the website ! THis will not cost you any additional money -- it simply acts as the trigger to Just Answer to pay me for my time. THANK YOU VERY MUCH

-

MARY