Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Experience:  Wills, Trusts, Probate & other Estate Matters
19305272

I have been power of attorney cousin 25 years, she is on

Customer Question

I have been power of attorney for my cousin for approx 25 years, she is on limited income and has never worked. She has no social security and no Medicare insurance. She does not qualify for disability as the said she could of worked, which she could of. She is going to be 74 this year and I have just recently applied for Medicaid for her. She gets only 567.00 per month and by the time she pays her rent, electric, phone/cable bill sha has no money left. I was looking at alternative housing that she can afford and assistance for her. I found a nursing facility to take her and received a call from a church person asking me to produce guardianship papers for my cousin or she will contact an atty. how should I handle this
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  ScottyMacEsq replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for using JustAnswer.

Can you tell me what county this is in?

Are you there? Please note that I am still here, awaiting your response ... Should I continue to await your response, or may I assist the other customers that are waiting?

My apologies, but I must assist the other customers that are waiting. Once you respond to my follow up question, I will respond as soon as I can. Please note that I may be assisting other customers or otherwise out of the office (depending when you respond). Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is in Clinton county. Sorry I am painting
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Since I did not get an answer can you please refund my charge. Thank you