RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Attorney
Experience:  Texas lawyer for 30 years in Estate law
8534270

Father died in fl. was only here days from Ohio how to

Customer Question

Father died in fl. was only here for 9 days from Ohio how to handle estate no property just a personal loan in Ohio I am his birth daughter and will be handling everything no will or life insurance . I am a resident of fl. for 9 1/2 years . had POA but been told in valid since death on 3/9/2016
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 8 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.

If there were no assets, you may just write holder of loan here advising that there were no assets and that he died insolvent so there is no means to pay it back either in Florida or Ohio.

And thats really all there would be to do in such a situation.Since there are no assets no need for probate and creditor here is out of luck.You do this as a courtesy to the person who lent funds.I am assuming this isn't you here.

I appreciate the chance to help, sorry for the loss of your father.Please let me know if you have more followup.Thanks again.

If you can positive rate when we are done it is always much appreciated.