RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Attorney
Experience:  Texas lawyer for 30 years in Estate law
8534270

We have been fighting my brother and sister, who are the

Customer Question

Hi, we have been fighting my brother and sister, who are the executors through 3 court visits. Our lawyer talked me into settling with them for what I really don't want. Can we still fight them again, as long as the estate is not closed? I would like to get a different attorney or do it myself.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 9 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you tonight.

Yes it is possible here if the estate has not closed.You need to advise the judge immediately that you prefer to have the matter heard by the court, that you have terminated your lawyer, and that you will be obtaining a new counsel to pursue this with the court.Your new lawyer will continue this until he can get up to speed.You need to do this in writing delivering it the judge or overnight mailing it.

You also cant terminate your lawyer by letter here as well here.You would ask for immediate return of your case files so you can move forward with this.

I appreciate the chance to help you tonight and wish you the best here.

Lawyer referral , plug in your city here ..

http://www.avvo.com/find-a-lawyer

Expert:  RayAnswers replied 8 months ago.

You should be able to return to court here with a new lawyer and have court hear the matters.

Thanks again and the best to you.