Legalease
Legalease, Attorney
Experience:  15 yrs experience: Elder Law, Wills, Social Security Issues
20355756

MY ISSUE IS MY BROTHER HAS STARTED S 5TH YEAR OF DYING. HE

Customer Question

JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: MY ISSUE IS MY BROTHER HAS STARTED HIS 5TH YEAR OF DYING. HE HAS TIA'S 3/4 TIMES A WEEK. HE IS LOSSING HIS MEMORY OF COURSE THE STROKES ARE ONLY IN HIS HEAD. HE STARTED AT 64 AND NOW IS 68. HE LIVES IN RAYTOWN IN A SQUATTER APT. NO HELP, DOG, AND HE IS DYING. I LIVE IN DENVER, CO. I'M HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING EXCEPT A LAWYER, JONATHAN IS VERY, VERY STUBORN, HOARDER, WILL NOT GIVE A INCH. I WAS THINKING ABOUT COMING OUT BUT, FOR WHAT IS THE QUESTION. HE HAS SAVED EVERY PENNY IN A SAVINGS ACCT. HAS A IRA. IT'S ABOUT GETTING THINGS IN ORDER. I HAVE BEEN PUT ON HIS CHECKING, IRA, VAN UPON DEATH THEY AUTOMATIC ARE PASSED TO ME. IT'S HIS SAVINGS HE WILL NOT PART WITH. LIKE HE CAN TAKE IT WITH HIM. IF HE WOULD GIVE A GIFT OF 10,000 EACH YEAR AT LEAST THAT WOULDN'T BE TAXED, RIGHT. HE NEEDS TO MOVE TO A SAFER, PLACE, HE CAN NOT DO FOR HIMSELF, HE TRIES TO WALK HIS DOG, HE STILL DRIVES WHICH I WORRY ABOUT. HE CAN'T REMEMBER A SENTENCE, WORDS ARE GONE, CAN'T REMEMBER WHEN HE BATHES, HAS NO CARE GIVER. .... SMOKES LIKE A TRAIN AND DRINKS 24 HRS. TO MEDICATE HIMSELF. WHAT CAN I DO??? COURT??? THANKS, ***** *****
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Estate Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Estate Law
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I AM THE SOUL SURVIVOR FOR MY BROTHER, I NEED TO BE POWER OF ATTORNEY, ALSO NEED TO BE ABLE TO MOVE HIM AND GET RID OF ITEMS IN APT. HE NEEDS A DOG WALKER, A CARE GIVER, BUT WHERE??? HE IS A VETERAN, I LIVE IN DENVER. HIS FINANCES ARE UP TO THE GOVERNMENT, HAS NO WILL, DNR, DOES NOT SEE A DOCTOR EVER.
SAVINGS FOR THE GOVERNMENT TO TAKE. IT'S HELL. HE DID PAY FOR HIS FUNERAL/ CREMATION AND MILITARY BURIAL.
DO I HAVE TO BE THE BAD GUY IN HIS LAST DAYS, WE NEVER HAVE FOUGHT OVER A THING. SO NOW THIS COULD GET NASTY AND CAUSE HIM TO STROKE OUT! DUE TO WHAT NEEDS TO BE DONE. I WANT TO COME TO K.C. SOON AND NEED A REAL LAWYER! WHO DO YOU RECOMMEND ONE BECAUSE TALKING ISN'T THE ANSWER. I HAVE TRIED BEFORE AND THE LAWYER WAS OF NO HELP AND TALKED ABOUT HIMMSELF, WHAT A MESS THAT WAS. PLEASE FIND ME A LAWYER WITH NAME AND ADDRESS, PLEASE. JANAA HUGE PROBLEM JONATHAN WILL NOT SPEND ONE PENNY OF HIS SAVINGS AND I NEED IT TO GET HIM INTO AN APT. CAREGIVER, ETC. HE WILL NOT BUY ME FOOD TO EAT WHEN I COME TO RAYTOWN, I HAVE TO BUY MY OWN. NOW THAT'S CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!! SINCE I CAME ALL OF 2012, 2013, STOPPED COMING IN 2014 AND HAVEN'T BEEN BACK.
Expert:  Legalease replied 8 months ago.

Hello there JANA -

-

I am happy to have a telephone conversation with you about your brother and his situation and I am sure I will be able to at least give you some direction on local agencies to contact to try to assist, as well as what to do legally.

-

In order to have the conversation, I have to submit the request to customer service -- there is an additional charge for telephone calls which you have to accept and then provide your telephone number before we can proceed. So, if you want a lengthy telephone call, please accept the Premium Services offer and we can proceed from there,

-

MARY