How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas McJD Your Own Question
Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 3170
Experience:  Wills, Trusts, Probate & other Estate Matters
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
Thomas McJD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My name is ***** ***** and the issue is regarding probate

Customer Question

my name is ***** ***** and the issue is regarding probate and there was no will and its between myself (the brother to the deceased) and his so called son.To explain a little more about that my brother and this girl had sex he wanted an abortion and she said no so she had him and my brother ended up paying child support and had nothing to do with him what i'm asking is do I have any chance of becoming the executor of the estate so it gets distributed fairly or would I be just wasting $500.00 dollars on petitioning the probate
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: well I tried to reason (in several letters)that I was willing to help with the estate process and in return I would get a couple items of no great value which were the family (my family)pictures,a motorcycle,and 2 guitars I estimate aprox. $3,000.00 dollars worth and he was going to get the house ,car,2 other motorcycles,stocks,money in the bank,and a lot more.i just don't know what to do.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Estate Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.


Can you tell me what state this is in?


And since brother was paying child support, I assume that brother was legally determined to be the child's father by a court?





Related Estate Law Questions