Richard, Attorney
Experience:  29 years of experience practicing law, including tax and estate planning.
17027240

Sister manipulated father to sign will the way she wanted.

Customer Question

sister manipulated father to sign will the way she wanted. he is 96 yrs old and told me{son} 71 yrs. old she schuffled papers in front of him and told him what and where to sign. all greately in her behalf. he is aware he made a mistake and will do what he can do to have me treated fairly. what do i do.
Category: Estate Law
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.

Good morning Gerald. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.

Your father can simply sign a new will revoking this previous will that sister manipulated him into signing. He is not forced to be stuck with this prior will. If it doesn't reflect his wishes for his estate, he can simply do a new will. The first paragraph of his new will should contain a provision similar to this: "I, [Your Dad's Name], of [City, County, State], make this my Last Will and Testament, and I revoke all Wills and Codicils previously made by me."

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow up questions, please ask! If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as OK, Good or Excellent (hopefully Good or Excellent). Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!