How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas McJD Your Own Question
Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 3170
Experience:  Wills, Trusts, Probate & other Estate Matters
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
Thomas McJD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a question re. a will. My father in law set up a

Customer Question

I have a question re. a will.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: My father in law set up a trust in 1992. He amended it in 2009 and 2012. There is also a will . My sister in law is the trustee. The will states to follow the distribution in accordance with the trust. It looks like my husband gets two out of 6 shares which are to be divided equally. The trustee his sister thinks it is to be divided in 5 ways. Even though the document was signed by both my mother and father in law who are now deceased. He is really upset and spoke with his sister who is the trustee. Can she decide to change the trust directions?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Estate Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you today.

Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

Are you online with me?