Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Experience:  Wills, Trusts, Probate & other Estate Matters
19305272

I have a question re. a will. My father in law set up a

Customer Question

I have a question re. a will.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: My father in law set up a trust in 1992. He amended it in 2009 and 2012. There is also a will . My sister in law is the trustee. The will states to follow the distribution in accordance with the trust. It looks like my husband gets two out of 6 shares which are to be divided equally. The trustee his sister thinks it is to be divided in 5 ways. Even though the document was signed by both my mother and father in law who are now deceased. He is really upset and spoke with his sister who is the trustee. Can she decide to change the trust directions?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Estate Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Loren replied 9 months ago.

Good afternoon. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you today.

Expert:  Loren replied 9 months ago.

Are you online with me?