Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Experience:  Wills, Trusts, Probate & other Estate Matters
19305272

Ely,Rights of a beneficiary in the state of MD, Executor

Customer Question

Hi Ely,Rights of a beneficiary in the state of MD, Executor transparency, Gaining access to a will , previous to the final will ***** *****
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The Executor was a friend of the deceased, ended up with over half of the assets, Will was changed 4 months prior to death, Basically we don't know what is going on with the deceased's finances... etc...
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Estate Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for requesting me. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Thank you for your question. What exactly are you asking, i.e. what is your question? For example: "I am a beneficiary and I need to find out what the Executor is doing with the estate." OR "I need to see the will."

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ely, Do I have the right to view the previous will, to view transactions the deceased made within the last year. Like I said I think there was Undue Intent by the Friend/Ecexutor/Benificiary who is named with over half of the estate. What should we do? How can we avoid large legal fees
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your reply. Please tell me - has probate been formally filed for the deceased at this time? Or, not yet?