Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney
Experience:  30+ yrs. handling probate estate, wills, trust, inheritance & real estate related matters
18215332

I'm getting a divorce the house my wife and I live in

Customer Question

I'm getting a divorce the house my wife and I live in belongs to my mom my my and I want her out of the house now what do I have to do to do that thanks Fred
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 9 months ago.

The owner of the home would have to file an eviction suit against both of you. It would be up to the court to decide whether or not to give them possession and force both you and your wife out under the circumstances of the divorce.

I am not an employee of Just Answer and I receive credit for assisting you based on your rating. I hope that you will enter a positive rating for my Answer by clicking on 3, 4, or 5, for which there is no additional cost to you. Thanks again for using JUST ANSWER.