Nate, Attorney
Experience:  Over 10 years of legal estate experience.
11217539

I have filed a claim in Indiana probate court on an Estate.

Customer Question

I have filed a claim in Indiana probate court on an Estate. I received my form back and it says "neither allowed nor disallowed" and that claims of such shall be set for trial upon petition of either party to the claim.
What does that mean? Do I need to do something else now? I currently live in Texas but claim is on Estate in Indiana. Thank you.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Nate replied 11 months ago.

My name is***** will be assisting you today.

That means the court has not made a decision as to whether your claim is valid or not. The next step is to set a hearing date to have the court determine whether you claim is to be granted. A court appearance will be required.

This may be something you might consider hiring local counsel in Indiana to do for you. You personally may not have to appear at the hearing depending on the requirements of this particular judge.