RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Attorney
Experience:  Texas lawyer for 30 years in Estate law
8534270

I am 68 years old and own my home. I am still working full

Customer Question

I am 68 years old and own my home. I am still working full time and plan to keep working until it becomes difficult. I want to leave my home to my daughter and not sure how to proceed. She is 43 has always worked full time, but has horrible credit. I don't want to put her name on the mortgage, because I'm nervous that she might incur a debt that could put a lien on the home. My mortgage is about $315000. My understanding is she would have to qualify for a new mortgage. Is that correct?
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today. You may just want to will it to here.That way when you pass it goes to her.You protect it until at least the time you decease..If you do that the lender here has to allow her to assume the loan once they are notified of your death by your daughter the executor of your will . This is the simplest way given your facts to do this and allow her to assume the existing loan..

California statutory will forms and self help to complete it.

http://www.calbar.ca.gov/Portals/0/documents/publications/2014_CAStatutoryWillForm_ab_1986_bill_20100715.pdf

I appreciate the chance to help you tonight.Thanks again .

Expert:  RayAnswers replied 1 year ago.

If you can positive rate it is always much appreciated.

Expert:  RayAnswers replied 1 year ago.

Willing it to her makes the most sense to carry out your wishes.