Attorney2020
Attorney2020, Attorney
Experience:  Estate planning and wealth preservation attorney.
63724254

I own a house and 2 acres of land in Texas with siblings -

Customer Question

I own a house and 2 acres of land in Texas with siblings - undivided property - I want to purchase it from them - 1 whereabouts unknown - can I go ahead and purchase and take ownership of property without the approval or sign off of the last person?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I asked my question in my original text
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Estate Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Attorney2020 replied 9 months ago.

No, you can only purchase the property to the extent of the other sellers interests. The other unknown owner's interest cannot be bought unless that owner agrees and sins of on a sale. However, all other parties agreeing to the sale can sell their interests to you.

I hope that helped. Please ask any follow-up questions. Please rate my answer so that I may be credited for my time. I thank you in advance for your cooperation.

Please rate my answer so that I may be credited for my time. I thank you in advance for your cooperation.

I hope that helped. Please ask any follow-up questions. Please rate my answer so that I may be credited for my time. I thank you in advance for your cooperation. Thank you.