Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Experience:  Wills, Trusts, Probate & other Estate Matters
19305272

My mom passed away Oct 7 2015,there is a will ,4 siblings

Customer Question

My mom passed away Oct 7 2015,there is a will ,4 siblings .The will states to sell the house
by 21 years?,my brother taken care of her for over 30yrs, my sister (executor)wants to throw my brother out on the street,my question is can he stay in the house until it is sold.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.

Good morning Jim. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.

Can you provide me a bit more information? Is the house still in the name of your mother? Could you explain the "by 21 years?" I'm a little unclear about that. Thanks!

Expert:  RONB-ESQ replied 9 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney. I am sorry for your loss whether it was recently or some time ago it still hurts. I welcome you to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. The question and response may be viewed by other parties as noted in JA’s terms of service. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am a different attorney on the site

About what date did that happen? What do you mean by 21 years? Do you mean she must sell the house within 21 years of her passing?

. I do have a similar question or two. Did you go through the probate court and was your sister name executor by that court?

Expert:  RONB-ESQ replied 9 months ago.

I am online and here to assist you I just need you to answer the above questions so I can provide you an answer. Are you online now? If not please note that I generally log off about 10:00 PM CST and will be back online tomorrow around 1:00 PM CST. Feel free to respond tonight or in the morning and I will answer as soon as I log onto the website.