Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Experience:  Wills, Trusts, Probate & other Estate Matters
19305272

My friend is a FL resident, but is fighting with other

Customer Question

My friend is a FL resident, but is fighting with other heirs- her children- over a number of issues re property primarily located in New York. Her children are NY residents who have committed fraud, conversion, defamation, etc. to grab property that she is entitled to according to her late husband's will/trust.
Despite the location of much of the property, she's elderly so she'd prefer to bring suit down here and force them to do the commuting. Her children also have considerable influence in the New York area, and she'd prefer that the process be on neutral ground.
As a FL resident, can she bring suit down here in FL or MUST she bring suit in New York. Thanks!
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Loren replied 9 months ago.

Good morning. I am Loren, a Florida licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

Expert:  Loren replied 9 months ago.

Could you provide a bit more detail about the substance of the claims? Are the claims related to probate or real property, for example?