Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Experience:  Wills, Trusts, Probate & other Estate Matters
19305272

In 2012 the owner of an estate in Mecklenburg county dies.

Customer Question

In 2012 the owner of an estate in Mecklenburg county dies. In September 2007 a Will was signed, witnessed and notarized but never filed because they were told that it could be filed after that person dies. The Will was not brought up in the current probate process because it was said that the Will was supposed to have been filed before the owner of the estate died. Can this un-filed Will be filed during the current Probate process of this estate ?
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 10 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

I am assuming that this is in North Carolina so please correct me if I am wrong..

.

Who is stating that the will had to be filed or recorded somewhere?

.

.

thanks