Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Experience:  Wills, Trusts, Probate & other Estate Matters
19305272

My questions relate to matters subject to the laws of

Customer Question

My questions relate to matters subject to the laws of Connecticut, U S AA national bank acted as Executors of a will and then as Trustees of a Marital Trust set up by provisions of the will & subsequently & to date as Trustees to the beneficiary's Trust following death of spouse receiving income from the Marital TrustI would appreciate advice on three issuesWould the Trustees have a conflict or break any laws by using Trust Funds to purchase shares in the National bank and in affiliated companies.After what period would any Time Bar preclude me from taking action against the Executors of the will and the Trustees of the Marital TrustIndividual Retirement Account
As a U K citizen I have no knowledge of these accounts. It looks to have not featured in the assets declared for Probate, or certainly was not included in Trust assets. What happens on death of holder of the account, does it continue to pay to a surviving spouse and does it then have a capital residue
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 10 months ago.

Good morning let me address each question in turn.

1. There would be a conflict of interest and breach of fiduciary duty to the extent the trustee acts for own self interest over trust.

2. The claim should be pursued on discovery but not more than a year from the tort to preserve all claims.

3. It would pay to surviving partner per terms on account and trust. The custodian and account information should be disclosed for clarity to you and you should receive accounting of same.

Kindly let me know if the answer is fast and clear.