How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Irwin Law Your Own Question
Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 7235
Experience:  30+ yrs. handling probate estate, wills, trust, inheritance & real estate related matters
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
Irwin Law is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Shortly after my brother received s distribution from the

Customer Question

Shortly after my brother received his distribution from the family trust, a striper who had three felonies for meth sales and possession "came into his life". My brother suffered from Wilson's Disease which is the body's inability to excrete copper. It manifested itself in Parkinson like tremors etc however he was being successfully treated for it and expected a full life. The family trust stated that our distributions were to be held in trust with the other of us being the bene in the event of death. He place his property in trust with his girlfriend/CAREGIVER as the personal rep of the will and apparently bene also. he died of liver failure one year later. I was never notified of his death and only learned through happenstance. Since she was unqualified to be the personal rep she hired an attorney. the esqs attorney sent three notices to his next of kin "brother" which is me but used my deceased father's name and three year old address despite my father's identity being clearly stated on the death certificate. That "substituted" personal representative left the office and another employee was given the assignment who ALSO notified "me" but used my dear deceased father's name again.
I spoke o a very knowledgeable Nevada attorney who stated that the Nevada Legislature had basically taken the teeth out of the 'contest" provision. So besides filing creditor claims for which there are many valid one's owed to the trust I also initiated the will and trust contest. The filing asked for points and authorities and the same attorney told me that, at least at this point, a narrative without actual citations would suffice.
The other side is preparing an opposition to the will and trust contest which is due to me on wed for a hearing the following Friday.
I am going to need many consultations to pursue this matte to the end and know that everyone at JA, I have used them in the past, is very knowledgeable however I just want to make sure that my "mentor" has knowledge specific to Nevada.
You help is greatly appreciated.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Legalease replied 1 year ago.

Hello there Jeff --


I am sorry to hear about this situation. Do you know the name or names of the attorneys that you have used through Just Answer in the past? Many of us will assist and even review documents and write documents for customers, but there are usually additional charges for work like that because, as I am sure you are aware, there is a big difference between answering a few questions and spending several hours on research and several more hours actually writing a trial memo or trial brief. I am going to see if you have any prior questions that I can access and perhaps put you in touch with the attorney you have used in the past through Just Answer if they are still here and available. If we are unable to find that person, I can actually assist you with all of this, but depending upon the amount of work needed to assist you, there may be additional charges for us to get these things done for you.



Expert:  Legalease replied 1 year ago.

Hello again Jeff--


It looks like you have several questions and answers in the system dating back a few years. The legal experts / attorneys that you have dealt with in those questions were Irwinlaw, TJ Esq. and Barrister. If you want to review those questions and let me know if you want to be reconnected to any of those prior experts I am certain I can make it happen for you through customer service -- then it depends upon what their schedules are like, etc.


You can also fill me in on everything and attach any paperwork you believe is relevant to the situation and then I can review it all, we can talk and we can determine exactly what is needed at this point in time (from your earlier description it sounds to me like you need to submit some type or written motion or written trial memo to the court, but I cannot be certain until I have reviewed everything).


So, let us know who the specific attorney is that you are looking for and I can see if that person is still here and available for you. If not, you can decide what you want to do at that point. I realize you are in a time crunch here, so the quicker you can let me know who the attorney "mentor" it is that you are speaking of, the quicker we can try to find that person and hopefully they are still here and can help you out with all of this.


If you need anything else at all, please let me know. If not, can you please press a positive rating in the ratings section above when we have completed this conversation so I will be given credit for assisting you in these matters.


MARY "Legalease:

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't see much of an answer, if any, to my question but still paid $52. Very puzzling. I do not mind who answers my question as long I get a comprehensive answer. Therefor, please send me a detailed answer.
Best regards, Jeff
Expert:  Legalease replied 1 year ago.

Hello again --


I actually asked you a few questions in the previous response that I gave to you -- it was not meant to be an answer. In any event, I will opt out of the question and put it back on the board for other attorneys to proceed right to an answer if they choose to do so.



Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 year ago.

Hello Jeff. This is Irwin Law. Mary: Thanks for taking the time to research back into Jeff's prior questions, and find my name. You are quite right in your analysis of the type of assistance we can render. JEFF. If you wish to proceed further, I suggest a direct phone contact because this Q&A format does not fit work well with probate questions, where there are a thousand variables, each of which can alter an Answer 180 degrees. Also, I do not practice in Nevada. You can be 90% certain that my final advice will be to obtain a NV probate lawyer. The reason is that non-lawyer, pro-se litigants in probate matters almost always lose. Once we have a telephonic conference, you will understand the reasons for that. You will at least gain an understanding of what you are up against legally speaking.

Related Estate Law Questions