Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Experience:  Wills, Trusts, Probate & other Estate Matters
19305272

I live in California. My father has a trust which divides

Customer Question

I live in California. My father has a trust which divides the assets of the trust 50/50 between my sister and me. My question is, if my sister buys his classic car from him before his death and the money from the sale is put into one of the bank accounts which will later be divided 50/50 between us, is she then entitled to half of the price she paid him for the car for? It seems like she's getting an valuable asset, for which she will only really be paying half the agreed upon purchase price upon inheriting. (As an aside, she has also received free of charge monies that were to be a "loan" to bail out her home but were never paid back to the estate, and a Jaguar free of charge.)
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  LegalGems replied 11 months ago.

A few minutes please as I look into this.

Does the trust discuss repament for the 'loan" as most trusts will address money that was loaned and not paid back?