Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Experience:  Wills, Trusts, Probate & other Estate Matters
19305272

My fiance died this last June suddenly. Leaving me with only

Customer Question

My fiance died this last June suddenly. Leaving me with only a notarized letter stating I had power over his properties till further notice. His family has already taken me to court once and I had to remove myself from our home. But not the property. which can be proven to be paid in full by my fiance to his brother by bank statements , but I am unable to get statements from bank. I dont know what form i need to file to get those released. And at 10 am today I face another hearing this time with the brother who is now claiming the property. I cannot afford a lawyer and not one will help me in this small town. Please can you help guide me in any way possible. I am trying to fight and keep my fiancees wishes. But the family is deep rooted here and it is apparent i have no chance on my ow.
thank you
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 10 months ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

Can you tell me, is there a will? If so, are you mentioned in the will?