Loren, Attorney
Experience:  30 years experience in the practice of estate law.
17897874

I am a beneficiary of my fathers will and the executor of

Customer Question

I am a beneficiary of my fathers will and the executor of the will hasn't given me a copy even though I ask, do I have to wait or can I make her. I am in NC
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Loren replied 10 months ago.

Good morning. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

Has the will been admitted to probate and the executor issued letters testamentary by the court?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No it hasn't yet
Expert:  Loren replied 10 months ago.

Thank you for the additional information.

Until the will is formally admitted to probate there is no executor and no obligation to provide the will to you (only and obligation to file it with the court.

However, any interested party may petition the court to commence probate and admit the will. Once the petition is filed you can ask the court to compel production of the will under penalty of legal sanctions.

Therefore, you can file the probate petition. Anytime you move through the courts it is highly recommended to be represented by counsel. If you need assistance finding local counsel try Martindale Hubble. Many attorneys themselves use this site to locate attorneys outside their jurisdiction or expertise:

http://www.martindale.com/Find-Lawyers-and-Law-Firms.aspx

It is a huge worldwide database searchable by location and specialty. The attorneys are all peer rated. So, they represent the top of the profession. An attorney can not pay to be listed.

If you still need help, feel free to reply and I'll respond as soon as possible.

If you have no further questions, and have not yet done so, please remember to leave a favorable rating (Excellent or Good) so that I am credited for assisting you. A bonus is not required, but is always appreciated.

Expert:  Loren replied 10 months ago.

Did you have further questions? Have I answered your question?