Barrister, Attorney
Experience:  16 yrs estate law, real estate. Wills/Trusts/Probate
19958803

My significant other passed away. he has 2 children from a

Customer Question

My significant other passed away. he has 2 children from a previous marriage. I know the "rule" is: significant other gets nothing. The family tree gets it all. However my significant other told his sister & her husband without me being present that he wanted to take care of me. He told them that he wanted all his liquid assets to go to me & he wanted me to have all his property. Does that entitle me to anything?
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply,but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

Can you tell me what state this is in?

.

.

thanks

Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.

You are very welcome. Glad to help any time...

.

If you feel your original question and any related follow ups have been answered, I would very much appreciate a positive rating on the answer I have provided so I receive credit for my work. If you have a new question the JustAnswer folks require that you start a new question page, but you can request me by putting "For Barrister" in the caption and they will get it to me.

.

.

thanks much