Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Experience:  Wills, Trusts, Probate & other Estate Matters
19305272

In NH, if a parent dies in a nursing home, can the nursing

Customer Question

In NH, if a parent dies in a nursing home, can the nursing home sue the surviving children for any unpaid amounts for Mom's bill? Mom has dementia and took out large unpaid mortgages on everything she & Dad owned after Dad passed away & she sent it overseas to romantic scam artists so there will be no monies from a previously sizable inheritance to cover any of her bills. We're reeling, not sure what to do first.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 10 months ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

This depends...did any of the children sign an agreement with the nursing home agreeing to pay?