RONB-ESQ
RONB-ESQ, Attorney
Experience:  Right of Way Manager at Access Midstream Partners, LP
90553395

I WAS EXECUTOR OF MY MOTHERS WILL AND RECEIVED MONEY FROM A

Customer Question

I WAS EXECUTOR OF MY MOTHERS WILL AND RECEIVED MONEY FROM A LAW SUIT AND COULD NOT LOCATE MY STEP BROTHER AND SISTER NOW I MOVED OUT OF STATE AND ITS BEEN 5 YEARS NOW THEY WANT THERE SHARE DO I HAVE TO SHARE
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 10 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes and ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

Did you actually file a formal probate case to settle mother's estate?

.

Did you receive the money while the probate case was open?

.

If so, did you report it to the probate court as an asset of the estate?

.

Were stepbrother and sister listed as beneficiaries of the will?

.

.

thanks

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Original will was closed and satisfied my father had abestos case that came settled about 8yrs. Later i could not find them and tried to reopen will but they could not find will because of a change over in system. So now they want tbere share

Ok, if they didn't take action within the statute of limitations for pursuing this under a breach of contract claim, then they would be prevented from doing so now..

.

I need to know what state you are in to determine how long they would have to pursue this??

.

Also how were you able to cash any settlement check if the estate bank account had been closed out?

.

.

thanks

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
OK

Dear Customer, I am sorry but I do not participate in the phone call program for the site, those are sent out automatically by JustAnswer.

.

However, if you wish to have a phone call with an attorney, you can post a request for "additional services" and your request will post to other experts that do offer this service. When another attorney accepts your request you will get additional instructions.

.

.

thanks

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No
Expert:  RONB-ESQ replied 10 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney. I welcome you to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. The question and response may be viewed by other parties as noted in JA’s terms of service. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Do note that a phone call is not required and we can continue here just typing comments back and forth.

Do not be concerned with short delays in my response to you.

Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. If you would like a phone call let me know and I will arrange it.

I type slow, but including some time to research certain questions you will see my answer below in 5-10 minutes.

Regards,

Could you advise as to what state you are in now and in what state did you go through probate for your father's estate?

Just wanted to check in with you and see if you could answer the above questions so I could better answer your question. I have been out a couple days for medical reasons and wanted to check back in with you.

Regards