Attorney2020
Attorney2020, Attorney
Experience:  Estate planning and wealth preservation attorney.
63724254

I am the trustee of our Revocable Living Trust both parents

Customer Question

I am the trustee of our Revocable Living Trust both parents have passed away. We recently have sold our property in Oklahoma closing last December. I still have three assets in the Trust (car, RV lot/trailer) which we want to transfer to my brother. I have a detailed .doc file on the distribution-compensation of these three assets (all paid for and in the name of the Trust) to all 6 heirs. I live in Illinois with assets listed in Oklahoma. We closed on the house by presigning closing and use of docusign with the real estate agent. I want to legally and fairly complete the transfer of these titles. Our original Estate trust lawyer that our parents hired is nowhere to be found and have completed distribution of all assets except for the three listed. I tried contacting several lawyers in the Broken Arrow Ok. area without any response. Is this a crazy request I need help.
Category: Estate Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have sent a detailed letter to all six heirs about the asset distribution and asked within the letter to contact me if anyone does not agree with the distribution. All assets have been assigned a monetary value. This letter was sent before the 1st of the year.
Expert:  Attorney2020 replied 1 year ago.

Are you authorized as trustee to transfer title to your brother for these here assets? In other words, does the trust describe your brother as being the beneficiary of these assets?