Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Experienced in Trust and Succession Law, including Louisiana Laws
10285032

I am conservator dad we filed an inventory and appraisal

Customer Question

i am conservator for my dad we filed an inventory and appraisal report last february. We are now needing to file an expense report for the court to review. This is state of california. What form do we file and is there a particular income and expense template that should be filled out
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Here is the CA Conservator's Handbook, which you need to have if you do not have it already: http://www.courts.ca.gov/documents/handbook.pdf
If you look in the appendices, page 197 I believe, that is the format for filing the estate accounting every time you need to file one. This lists all assets and expenditures of the estate you are conservator of and it is the format used by the courts. Other estate forms and instructions are contained in the manual as well and you should have received this from the court when appointed as conservator if you were pro se, but if not, the attorney who handled the conservatorship should be assisting with this matter.