Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Experience:  Wills, Trusts, Probate & other Estate Matters
19305272

I requested appeal forms 3 (now 4) property escape taxes. As

Customer Question

I requested appeal forms for the 3 (now 4) property escape taxes. As the assessments are based on the date of my brother's passing, am I correct in assuming that the assessments are for his third of real property and not mines? Since any money received from sell of the property on his share would go to Medi-Cal (who has filed a lien), is there really any need to protest the property tax assessments? Would his share of the estate be held liable for the assessment taxes that I have been paying?
Category: Estate Law
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Also, if I am unable to buyout the other two-thirds, can a friend/associate do it? Is it mandatory that the property be sold through a licensed realtor to the public at large?
Expert:  Maverick replied 10 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, this is Maverick. For the deposit amount that you have posted, I would be willing to answer one of these 5 questions you have posted. Please let me know if you want to go forward or click "opt out" to get a different expert.