RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Attorney
Experience:  Texas lawyer for 30 years in Estate law
8534270

I was afraid of that.....I had a Chancery Clerk here where I

Customer Question

I was afraid of that.....I had a Chancery Clerk here where I live to read the deed, he said by the way the deed was worded it was not a "Life Estate Deed", the had the property ownership then
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 11 months ago.

Hi and welcome back to JA. Ray here to help you. Here the property passed as it was a warranty deed.The father in law or his estate would have to file a suit to quiet title here and seek to prove that they reserved the life estate.This may be very difficult to prove if it has been a long period of time.They did not reserve it as they intended and it would take such a suit now to try and overturn it.

I appreciate the chance to help you tonight.I wish I had better news here.Thanks again.

Reference to suit to quiet title.

http://younglawgroup.org/quiet-title-actions/

This law firm above will give you a free consultation, why not give them a call and let them review the deed and your other information and see if they think it is possible here to pursue or not.

Thanks again

If you can leave a positive rating it is always sincerely appreciated.