Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Experience:  Wills, Trusts, Probate & other Estate Matters
19305272

My name is ***** *****. I was looking regarding a Trust that

Customer Question

Customer: My name is ***** *****. I was looking for information regarding a Trust that I am co executor of. I am trying to figure out if taxes are to be paid by the recipients of the Trust.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Both my parents have deceased and my step brother and myself are co executors of the family Trust. We are selling the house and the money will be put into the Trust to be divided equally amongst all the children. Do they have to pay federal taxes on this money?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Estate Law Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can.

.

Can you tell me what state you are in?

.

Are you asking about estate taxes or inheritance taxes?

.

Was the trust a "revocable trust" until parents passed?

.

Was parent's estate, including what is in the trust, worth over $5.34 million?

.

.

thanks