Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Estate Law Expert
11068102

I'm the executor of my dad's estate, can s wife over ride me

Customer Question

I'm the executor of my dad's estate, can his wife over ride me
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts.

As a general rule, if you have been appointed by the court to be the executor of your father's estate then the wife can't override you as to property of the estate.

I am about to sign off for the evening so please feel free to ask any additional questions you have in this thread and I will finish answering them in the morning.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

Be sure and list out your questions. Also, once you issue your positive rating you can come back in the future if you have any additional questions.

If your question has been answered then I'd offer my best wishes to you and ask that you please not forget to leave a Positive Rating so I receive credit for my work.

Of course, please feel free to ask any follow up questions in this thread.