MIAMILAW1127
MIAMILAW1127, Attorney
Experience:  Founding Partner at Moises Law, P.A.
89829185

If all my siblings have decided to appoint me as executor of

Customer Question

If all my siblings have decided to appoint me as executor of my recently deceased mothers estate (mainly her house with a reverse mortgage loan owned), can I just write a letter and have all of them sign or do I have to have to petition the court to open a probate? The loan company is asking for either Proof of executorship or proof that probate has been filed.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 11 months ago.

Hello. Thank you for contacting me. I am a consultant here and I am looking forward to assisting you with your question. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Please be patient as I will be typing my responses to you from scratch. Also, I can only answer/address the questions you ask specifically based on the information your provide. Please try to provide as much information as possible so I can best assist you.

Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

You would need to officially open probate and address all issues as the appointed executor of the estate.

I hope this helps. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Thank you.