P. Simmons, Attorney
Experience:  12+ yrs. of experience including estate law.
11181181

Is inherited property considered a marital asset in Maine?

Customer Question

Category: Estate Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 11 months ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

The answer is no. Inherited property, so long as it is kept separate, remains the separate property of the spouse that inherits it

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.