Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Experienced in Trust and Succession Law, including Louisiana Laws
10285032

Need an estate husband that pass away, wells Fargo has

Customer Question

Need an estate for my husband that pass away, wells Fargo has taking a truck from me and without the estate I can't get it back
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 11 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
What is your specific question for us? We are not allowed to represent anyone from this site, but we can provide you information on how to proceed.
If you agree to proceed with that understanding, what was the total value of all of the property your husband left only in his name (there may be a simple process for you depending on your answer)?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The only thing was a truck in his name only,and I want it back
Thank you for your reply
You need to file what is called a small estate affidavit with the clerk of the probate court and provide a copy of the affidavit to the bank to show you are the heir. Here is the small estate affidavit: https://www.cyberdriveillinois.com/publications/pdf_publications/rtopr31.pdf
You can get detailed instructions here: http://www.illinoislegalaid.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=home.dsp_content&contentID=5341&print=yes
Once you file it at the court and get it stamped by the clerk, then you can use it to collect all property in your husband's name including the truck.