Richard, Attorney
Experience:  29 years of experience practicing law, including tax and estate planning.
17027240

We are making a new will with an internet source. I am

Customer Question

We are making a new will with an internet source. I am confused. Are the two witnesses that sign the will supposed to also sign as the witness on the self proving affidavit? Or are you supposed to have two different witnesses that the notary witnesses on the affidavit?
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Good morning. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you. I've been doing estate planning, including drafting wills, now for 35 years in Texas.

There need not be two additional witnesses. You simply need the two witnesses and then the notary notarizes the signatures of the testator and the two witnesses. There is no need for 4 witnesses. :)

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow up questions, please ask! If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as OK, Good or Excellent (hopefully Good or Excellent). I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!