RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Attorney
Experience:  Texas lawyer for 30 years in Estate law
8534270

Decedent, Tatka, a resident of California with a Living

Customer Question

Decedent, Betty Tatka, a resident of California with a Living Trust and Pour Over Will in California has as a part of her estate oil rights in Campbell County, Wyoming. Sheridan Oil said that the oil rights need to be probated because the oil rights were not in the name of the trust, but rather in the name of the decedent.
I understand that there is a simple probate process that could handle the issue of getting the oil rights in the name if the heirs.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 11 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.

You would need to make application to probate will as muniment of title.Once the court approves the will , the order here reflects the legal heirs and owner of the mineral rights.That is a much simplified proceeding here and one time hearing.You would need a local probate lawyer there in Wyoming.

This is called probate of foreign will in Wyoming, thanks.

It is considered ancillary administration, here is the law for reference to the process. Here once will is admitted the personal representative deeds you the minerals by fiduciary deed.This is a pretty short and quick process.

http://law.justia.com/codes/wyoming/2010/Title2/chapter11.html

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Please let me know if you have more follow up.Thanks again.

Lawyer referral here.

https://www.wyomingbar.org/for-the-public/hire-a-lawyer/request-a-referral-online/

This is something that should be able to be completed in 30-45 days tops.It is not complicated but much simplified ancillary probate and fiduciary deed.The lawyer can do this in one hearing, the personal representative may have to travel once for hearing.