Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Experience:  Wills, Trusts, Probate & other Estate Matters
19305272

My Mother died in 2013 the will stated that each of her

Customer Question

My Mother died in 2013 the will stated that each of her children would receive equal shares of her estate. In her will it stated that if there was a lawsuit, the party that brought forth the lawsuit would lose any portion of the estate. At the time of my Mothers will I was not aware that I could go before a Judge to see if the intent and letter of the law had been carried out. I have partial complex seizures which has effected my right temporal lobe and also my left temporal lobe. I've had brain surgery at the University of Washington. I have long and short memory loss. Is there a chance that under my frame of mind and my brother was in charge of my Mothers will and he didn't inform me until a year after my Mothers death.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  ScottyMacEsq replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for using JustAnswer.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. What specifically would you be taking your brother to court for? Would you be contesting any of the provisions of the will?

Did you see my follow up question to your issue?

My apologies, but I must assist the other customers that are waiting. Once you respond to my follow up question, I will respond as soon as I can. Please note that I may be assisting other customers or otherwise out of the office (depending when you respond). Thank you.

I see that you have not responded in some time. Do you wish to continue with this question?