Richard, Attorney
Experience:  29 years of experience practicing law, including tax and estate planning.
17027240

My name is and my sister is the executor of my fathers will.

Customer Question

Customer: My name is ***** ***** my sister is the executor of my fathers will. My brother has retained an attorney because he feels there should be more money available than there is. Who pays for his attorney costs?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Its exactly that. He believes she shouldnt have made the executor and is questioning how the money was distributed
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Estate Law Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi Kim. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.

The estate's assets are not responsible for your brother's attorneys fees. If he finds your sister to have misappropriated assets to his detriment, then your sister would find a court imposing these fees on her personally. Otherwise, your brother is responsible for his own attorneys fees. The other beneficiaries cannot be adversely impacted by your brother's attorneys fees...they are either going to be borne by him or your sister, but not the estate assets.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow up questions, please ask! If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as OK, Good or Excellent (hopefully Good or Excellent). I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!