Richard, Attorney
Experience:  29 years of experience practicing law, including tax and estate planning.
17027240

Can my daughter who will inherit also be the executor of our

Customer Question

can my daughter who will inherit also be the executor of our wills
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Good morning. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.

Yes, absolutely. There is no prohibition against a beneficiary serving as executor. In fact, in most cases, the executor named is one of the beneficiaries because it's the beneficiaries who have the most interest in making sure the estate gets timely and properly administered. Under Georgia law (Ga. Code Ann. §§ 53-1-2, 53-6-1.), the executor must be only be:

• at least 18 years old, and
  • of sound mind -- that is, not judged incapacitated by a court.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow up questions, please ask! If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as OK, Good or Excellent (hopefully Good or Excellent). I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!