Attorney2020
Attorney2020, Attorney
Experience:  Estate planning and wealth preservation attorney.
63724254

Iowa estate: Live in Colorado. I inherited a home. Can we

Customer Question

Iowa estate: Live in Colorado. I inherited a home. Can we ask the estate to pay the property taxes until it is in our possession?
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Attorney2020 replied 12 months ago.

Yes, the estate should be responsible for the tax expenses until the property is in your name and the title is transferred. Once the trite is transferred to you will be responsible to pay the property taxes.

I hope that helped. Please ask any follow-up questions. Please rate my answer so that I may be credited for my time. I thank you in advance for your cooperation.

Please rate my answer so that I can be credited for my time. I thank you in advance for your cooperation. Thank you.

Expert:  Attorney2020 replied 11 months ago.