How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Barrister Your Own Question
Barrister, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 33781
Experience:  15 yrs estate law, real estate. Wills/Trusts/Probate
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
Barrister is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My brother passed away in Arizona he did not have a will has

Customer Question

My brother passed away in Arizona he did not have a will has 2 children. I live in New york can I be the executor of his estate to ensure his property is divided fairly and all bill are taken care of
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can.


In AZ, as long as you are over 18 and of sound mind, you can serve as executor (actually Administrator since he had no will) of the estate.


So assuming the above is true, then yes, you can file a probate petition to be appointed Administrator of his estate. You would notify his children (or their guardians if they are minors) of the petition and then they would have an opportunity to object if they wanted to do so. If there were no objections, or none found reasonable by the judge, then you would be appointed by the judge.





Related Estate Law Questions