Barrister, Attorney
Experience:  16 yrs estate law, real estate. Wills/Trusts/Probate
19958803

What percentage of estate does the executor receive when a

Customer Question

What percentage of estate does the executor receive when a person died in New Jersey?
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can.

.

Under New Jersey law, the Executor of an estate is generally entitled to the following commissions:

a. 6% on all estate income;
b. 5% of the estate up to $200,000;
c. 3.5% on excess above $200,000 up to $1,000,000;
d. 2% on excess over $1,000,000 or such other percentage as the Superior Court may determine.

.

.

If you feel your original question and any related follow ups have been answered, I would very much appreciate a positive rating on the answer I have provided so I receive credit for my work. If you have a new question the JustAnswer folks require that you start a new question page, but you can request me by putting "For Barrister" in the caption and they will get it to me.

.

.

thanks much