Barrister, Attorney
Experience:  15 yrs estate law, real estate. Wills/Trusts/Probate
19958803

Can I get information of wifes inheritance

Customer Question

can I get information of wifes inheritance
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can.

.

Are you in the process of a divorce where spousal support is an issue?

.

.

thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
spousal support
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
document of integrity
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.

Ok, assuming that you mean that one of you will be seeking spousal support from the other, then wife's assets would be an important issue as to whether she should pay you support or whether you should pay her. So any inheritance would go into her separate assets and would be relevant in determining whether she had adequate funds to support herself or would need support or whether she may need to pay you support.

.

So yes, during the financial disclosure process in a divorce action, either spouse can request financial information from the other as to any assets that they own..

.

.

thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.

You are very welcome. Glad to help any time..

.

If you feel your original question and any related follow ups have been answered, I would very much appreciate a positive rating on the answer I have provided so I receive credit for my work. If you have a new question the JustAnswer folks require that you start a new question page, but you can request me by putting "For Barrister" in the caption and they will get it to me.

.

.

Have a great Thanksgiving!