Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Experienced in Trust and Succession Law, including Louisiana Laws
10285032

On the Georgia Probate Court form "Interrogatories to

Customer Question

On the Georgia Probate Court form "Interrogatories to Witness to Will", what information should be in the following blanks:
1) Re: "Petition of _______, to probate in (Common) (Solemn) form the purported Last Will and Testament dated ________of __________.
2) To: ________________________(Name and Address)
3) Initial A or B:
A: The Original of said will is exhibited to me herewith.
B: Attached here to as Exhibit "______" is a true photographic copy of said will (Said must be filed with the court)
These are from the "Interrogatories To Witness to Will" form from the State of Georgia.
What goes in the blanks?
(1) First Blank line: The petition is of (the executor?)
Second Blank line: Date of Original Will?
Third Blank line: the Testator? the Deceased?
Also, Should the (Common) or (Solemn) be circled depending on which applies? I do believe (Solemn) applies here? But do not know....which applies here?
2) To: ***** ***** be filled out with the name of the Executor?
3) Which ...A or B? The Probate Court of Georgia already has our original will on file. Is this form "Interrogatories To Witness" form they are referring to or is the Will itself what it is referring to? IF it is the Will, the state has the original. IF it is this form, it clearly is a photographic copy.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Petition of name of person seeking to probate the will and in second blank the date of the will that you are seeking to probate.
2) To the name of the witness you are sending interrogatories to.
3) If the original will is filed with the court, then you pick B and attach a copy of the actual will.