Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney
Experience:  30+ yrs. handling probate estate, wills, trust, inheritance & real estate related matters
18215332

Mr. Barrister i spoke to you on October 24th or around there

Customer Question

Mr. Barrister i spoke to you on October 24th or around there but whats going on is that on October 4th 2015 me and my girlfriend signed a agreement to purchase a home owned buy her grandmother but owed 31,000 on the mortgage. The owner died October 20th
2015 now i was told by you that the agreement is binding and the only sibling does not have that in the estate to sell. I have since tried to get the information from the siblings husband to send mortgage payments to and he declined. Every time we try to contact
the executor he answers and we dont get anything done. The daughter was sworn in as the executor November 6th 2015 and now has an estate attorney sending us a letter that says they question the competence and us influencing her.we were told that the estate
is required to have the property appraised but it isnt part of the estate if we have an agreement! The attorney of the estate says in a letter that in order to pay appropriate inheritance tax the estate is required to pay off mortgage thus the property will
be sold. The letter also states that we should start applying for a mortgage to purchase the property. As of November 8 2015 the mortgage company has received our payment unbeknownst to the executor since they didnt want us to have that information which was
actually given to us by the owner months earlier and the loan number. Yesterday we called to have the water shut off bc we live 2 hours away and its been cold so we didnt want the pipes to burst but when we called the executors husband who is not related nor
has anything in his name on the will property or our authority requested to have our water shut of the same day we called. How can they allow this to happen when he is just a random person who somehow got access to our account at the water company and we been
paying it since may 2015 and its in our name. What are my rights bc the estate attorney has only sent that one letter and has not contacted the water company or the Gas company which we have our own account and bill to pay!! The executor didnt try to call
either nor was a letter obtained from any of them not that it would matter! The husband of the only sibling told the water company that they are to forward the bill to the executor and to shut it off. i need your advice asap!! Isnt my information confidential?
The estate attorney hasnt asked for a copy of the agreement and i only want to indulge when it go to court if thats a good move.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.

Hello again,

.

I am sorry but I am unable to assist at this time. I will open the question to other experts.

Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 year ago.

we were told that the estate is required to have the property appraised but it isnt part of the estate if we have an agreement!

That is not correct, because when the owner died, the home went into their estate. But it may still be subject to your purchase agreement. You are in a situation that is far to complicated to discuss in this format. I will offer you additional services at this point, if you wish to continue.

Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 year ago.

I am still available and open to discussing your question in detail by phone if you choose to Accept my offer of additional services.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will need your help but right now my money is low but please give me a few weeks!
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 year ago.

I will be away from computer until after Christmas, so there's no rush.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok so can we talk on my birthday December 27th?
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 year ago.

Better make it the 28th. Remember, you must first accept and pay for the offer of additional services. After that, we will exchange contact information.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That's fine so on the 28th I can agree for additional services also you do know I'm located in PA and that's where the house is where the agreement is for!
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 year ago.

That is correct. Please understand that I cannot be your lawyer. What I will do is try to help you undrstand the underlying issues of your legal situation. Please have a concise summary of the facts surrounding your land contract with the decedent, and what position the estate has take regarding that contract. Also, please be ready to discuss practical aspects like the value of the property, the current mortgage balance, and your ability to obtain a mortgage. I'm looking forward to our discussion.