Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Experience:  Wills, Trusts, Probate & other Estate Matters
19305272

My wife passed away and I need to know if I am obligated by

Customer Question

My wife passed away and I need to know if I am obligated by law to probate the will and where do I do it if it is necessary
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note:This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am very sorry for your loss. Can you please tell me:

1) What state is this in?
2) Are there any beneficiaries to the Will besides you? Or does her estate go to you 100%?

3) Are there any titled assets such as vehicles or a home that is in her name only, or, that you and she hold jointly?

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.

Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Hello! Just touching base to see if you still needed an answer and if you could reply to my query. Thanks!