LegalGems
LegalGems, Attorney
Experience:  Private Practice; Elder Law Attorney; Estate Planning; Attorney Mentor
63726236

My aunt died in an nursing home. She was a DNR and on

Customer Question

My aunt died in an nursing home. She was a DNR and on hospice. She gave me a copy of her will and made me POA over her care and paying her bills . I live in the state of New Jersey and I needed to find out what forms I must fill out regarding her fiancés and her home.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  LegalGems replied 1 year ago.

My sympathies for your loss.

The POA is only effective until death; at that point, the personal representative of the estate becomes responsible for the finances. Were you interested in learning about probate?

Expert:  LegalGems replied 1 year ago.

Thank you.

Expert:  LegalGems replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry- I did not release the Information request; if you have no further questions, I have released the information request so if you have been satisfied with my services kindly rate

Positive (smiley faces)

as that increases my customer satisfaction scores (as an individual contributor)

and does not result in additional charges to the customer.

Thank you and take care.