Richard, Attorney
Experience:  29 years of experience practicing law, including tax and estate planning.
17027240

Its Veni here. I have a question regarding an estate own by

Customer Question

Hi its Veni here. I have a question regarding an estate own by a young lady in Ivory Coast.
She wrote to me and ask me if I can help her to make my Bank Account available so that her Late Father's Estate be transfer in.
Just want to find out if this type of enquiry is genuine?
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Good evening. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.

Unfortunately, this is a scam. Hopefully, you have not sent them any money or provided any information regarding your accounts yet! These facts mirror identically an ongoing scam. Here's the thing that will confirm that it's a scam for you. You should never send them any money up front or provide them any information about your bank accounts. They simply want to get your information so they rob you. There are no sets of circumstances where this type transaction would ever need to be structured in this manner.

This is the part of my job I don't like...when the law is not in favor of my customer. I know this is not what you wanted to hear and I wish I could tell you this is legitimate, but, I can only provide you information based on the law and my experience so that you can act on the best available information to you. ………..I wish I had better news, but can only hope you recognize and understand my predicament and don't shoot the messenger. I'm sorry!

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow up questions, please ask! If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as OK, Good or Excellent (hopefully Good or Excellent). I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!