Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Experienced in Trust and Succession Law, including Louisiana Laws
10285032

My brother has been with local years. has died. the union

Customer Question

my brother has been with local for 19 years. has died. the union gave legally seperated wife of 8 years his benifets. she has gotten 175,000.00 over the agreement in the legal seperation decree. the union still gave her his pension. he paid her over 160 thousand dollars so the 200 thousand she got from the life insurance police he carried for in case of this event,why is she getting all of it. it states in the decree he keeps his pension
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Have you asked the union if he failed to take her off as beneficiary, because if she was left on the pension as beneficiary then the money goes to her for that reason?
Also what state was this in?